Friday, April 12, 2013

Rock Climbing and Fuji



I’m still figuring out how to use my new Fuji X100S. I love the pictures I get out of it but it takes some getting used to. It’s a significantly different way to photograph than what I’m used to.



To get a little bit of practice, I took it to the rock climbing gym yesterday. Combine exercise and photography? I’m in!



Anyhow, between climbs I just grabbed the camera and found the strength in my finger to press the shutter. It is not the easiest task to do when you’ve just mistreated your fingers and forearms on rugged climbing holds and drought (yep, as in "no moisture") your skin with chalk. So here are just a few pictures I took over there.

Gabe showing us how it’s done

I used the lens wide open for all those shots (f/2) and set the shutter speed at 1/60sec. The camera figured out everything else.
Oh it’s getting hard!

It did pretty well in that environment, the pictures came out clean and detailed but it’s no DSLR for action shots of course. Yet it has its place as it performed well enough and my fingers would’ve been too tired to handle a full-size heavy DSLR anyway. Plus this little Fuji is super silent!
Ropes are overrated

Bottom line is that so far, I'm really happy with this little camera. Oh, and my forearms are shot (as in "tired", nothing to do with photography). Oh and of course, here is our athlete model Gabe. Thanks for reading.
As gritty as our hands

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home