Monday, April 15, 2013

Overtime



Most of you know that my "real" job is working for Yamaha Motor which came in handy when I did my little road trip adventure a few weeks ago. Well this past weekend I had to work overtime. And by overtime, I mean that a 2013 Star Stryker needed 200 miles of riding by Monday, tough job right? Therefore, instead of riding the 22.2 miles relatively straight line from my work to home, I made a 66.6 miles detour as you can see on the map.

The shortest way between 2 points


Riding around Palos Verdes on this eye-catching bike was a lot of fun. The views were pretty nice but the weather was kind of gloomy and washed out everything in the back. Nonetheless, I had my newly beloved little Fuji X100S camera to take a few shots.

Fine prints available

Fine prints available

A spot with a view


As with my Easter ride, I was having so much fun that I didn't really stop much for pictures. I also had to make sure I didn't get home too late since I had to head up to Universal City to go watch Jurassic Park in IMAX 3D! Because of time constraints, I actually straight-lined that drive up to the Valley.



Side note: Jurassic Park holds up amazingly, go see it! My girlfriend wrote a great post about memorable lines in the movie. You should also subscribe to her Tumblr as she writes awesome little articles for "twentysomethings" (not limited to the age).



After 2 hours of awww's, ouuuhhhh's and ahhh's it was time - 1:00am - to head home. I had parked the Stryker in the preferred parking lot of Universal City Walk and by the time I got to my bike, the whole lot was empty making it a great opportunity for pictures. Once again, armed with my little Fuji X100S, I started snapping away. I can't really pick which ones I prefer!

Fine prints available

Fine prints available

Fine prints available

Fine prints available

Fine prints available

Fine prints available


That was pretty much the end of the photography aspect of my weekend. Saturday was filled with preparations for a music swap/BBQ/Game of Thrones viewing event I was hosting at my place. Sunday was the actual event. Monday morning I returned the Stryker with 203 miles... in the rain... Mission accomplished!

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Deb Dutilh said...

Who wouldn't want that kind of overtime! Love it!

April 16, 2013 at 12:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home