Saturday, February 25, 2012

Off The Beaten Path

Alright, here are the pictures from my little solo excursion. This is basically just free advertising for the Subaru Outback! Something I don't mind since it actually was an awesome little incursion.
I wanted to get from the Mammoth Yosemite Airport back to our condo but through the back roads (Sherwin Creek Rd).
Sherwin Creek Road
Unfortunately, I couldn't go any further than that little white circle is... The trail was open, but covered with snow for most of it. My little Subaru made it through most of it with no chains, I love this car! But then I couldn't make it over a little hill with soft snow and a left corner. Not having any chains and being by myself, I was still stupid enough to give it a couple shots. Fortunately I didn't get stuck and was able to come back the way I had arrived.
Here are a few of the pictures:
The snow is starting.
As long as it's pretty settle, the car handles awesome in snow, no chains and wide tires. Next time I'll have chains and hopefully thinner tires.
Thank God my car is street legal!
Too bad I had forgotten the sandwhiches.
That's where I couldn't go any further...

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home